Verse-by-verse through the epistles of John
- In Adobe PDF, Amazon Kindle, ePub and other eBook formats.
- On a CD-ROM in both MP3 and PDF formats (CDs 13 & 14).
- On our mobile site and for the visually impaired in Electronic Braille and Plain Text.
Get this series in iTunes, or add either of these addresses to your podcast software:
- 32K MP3 (smaller, normal quality): http://www.preachtheword.com/studies/123john.xml
- 64K MP3 (larger, higher quality): http://www.preachtheword.com/studies/64k-123john.xml
Other Verse-by-Verse Sermon Series through New Testament letters:
"The shallowness of our current spirituality is due to our shallow view of sin. The Puritans viewed God in all his holiness, majesty, authority, sovereignty and power and so realized the vileness, deceit and sinfulness of human hearts. Holy living is not a relic from Puritan days, but something that is essential to all true Christians of every age". ('AIM' - Magazine of the Evangelical Fellowship of India, Vol 28 No.1)
This book is a modern abridgement of John Owen's classic writings on 'Sin and Temptation' and 'The Mortification Of Sin' - the original writings are also recommended, but this version will be easier for today's reader. In either form, these volumes help us recover the concepts of sin and individual responsibility our world has all but destroyed.
John Owen, an English statesman and theologian of vast learning, has dealt with the nature of sinful humanity more keenly and thoroughly than any writer has done, arguing that sin is always a self-deceiving, blinding folly.
Do you have a website or blog? Would you like to share this series with others? You can link directly to this series page by using the graphic shown on the left. Save the graphic and incorporate it into your website, or use the HTML code below and paste it into the appropriate place on your page: