Questions from Christians, answers from the Scriptures
- In Adobe PDF, Amazon Kindle, Microsoft XPS and other booklet formats.
- On a CD-ROM in both MP3 and PDF formats (CDs 17 & 18).
- On our mobile site and for the visually impaired in Electronic Braille and Plain Text.
- You can embed this series in your blog or webpage using a Flash-based player.
Get this series in iTunes, or add either of these addresses to your podcast software:
- 32K MP3 (smaller, normal quality): http://www.preachtheword.com/studies/q-and-a.xml
- 64K MP3 (larger, higher quality): http://www.preachtheword.com/studies/64k-q-and-a.xml
Other sermons and study series related to these question and answer sessions:
- The Problem Of Evil: When Bad Things Happen To Good People; Where Is God?; A Plan And Purpose In Our Pain; As Sparks Flying Upward; The Only Safe Place.
- The Bible And Personal Assurance: Getting Back To The Bible; Back To Basics; Assurance; Profession Or Possession?.
- Divorce And Remarriage: Marriage And Singleness (with links to other related sermons).
- Life After Death: Glimpses Of Glory; The Neglected Place Called Hell.
"Old Paths" | PDF | Kindle | ePUB
by J.C. Ryle
It was the prophet Jeremiah who first used the expression 'old paths' and assured those who followed them that they would find 'rest for their souls' (Jeremiah 6:16). J.C. Ryle was of the same conviction and wrote: 'The longer I live the more I am convinced that the world needs no new Gospel, as some profess to think. I am thoroughly persuaded that the world needs nothing but bold, full, unflinching teaching of the 'old paths''.
This is a series of systematically arranged papers on the leading truths of Christianity. Helpful thoughts will be found here on such topics as the inspiration of Scripture, the soul, sin, forgiveness, justification, the Holy Spirit, faith, repentance, election and much more.
J. C. RYLE (1816-1900) was a prominent writer, preacher, and Anglican clergyman in nineteenth-century Britain. He is the author of the classic 'Expository Thoughts on the Gospels' and retired as the bishop of Liverpool.
Available to order from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, and also available as a FREE PDF, Kindle or ePUB ebook from Preach The Word - 208 pages.
Do you have a website or blog? Would you like to share this series with others? You can link directly to this series page by using the graphic shown on the left. Save the graphic and incorporate it into your website, or use the HTML code below and paste it into the appropriate place on your page:
You can embed this series in your blog or webpage for your visitors to listen to. Simply copy and paste the code below into your website's HTML. You can change the 'width' and 'height' variables to suit. Click here to see what the sermon player will look like.