Christ In The Home
- Instead of the individual sermons listed below, you can get this entire series as a Podcast in Apple Podcasts, or any other Podcasting app. Simply copy and paste or type the Podcast address below into any podcasting software or service (see step-by-step instructions on our Podcast page if you need help):
- The text of 'Christ In The Home' is also available as an eBook in the following formats:
- Download all the MP3 audio files and the PDF in one go as a ZIP file (90Mb), or request the series on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM by filling out the form.
- For the visually impaired we have Plain Text and eBraille versions of the transcripts.
|01||“The Christian Wife”
|02||“The Christian Husband”
|03||“Parents And Children”
|04||“The Christian At Work”
|This is part of a larger series through the book of Ephesians...|
When the light of the gospel enters the soul it brings with it a supernatural power that radically transforms the whole of life. This change is perhaps no more clearly seen than in the relationships between husbands and wives, parents and children. Our age has witnessed an almost total collapse of the family unit, and in many places the majority of children are now being raised in 'broken homes'.
Our society presents Christian parents and children with a unique opportunity of bearing witness to God's love by just being different. Few things are more powerful than a Christian family in which the true relationship between parents and children is clearly seen. This may be one of the ways in which God will bringing many to a knowledge of the truth.
Parents today seek answers from child experts, self-help books, or equally confused friends. But even the experts portray modern-day childrearing as a minefield strewn with psychological dangers and emotional hazards.
This is not a book on child psychology, nor is it proposing a new parenting method. It simply presents the principles of Biblical parenting with as much clarity as possible.
"I'm convinced that if Christian parents understand and apply the simple principles Scripture sets forth, they can rise above the trends of secular society and bring up their children in a way that honours Christ, in any culture and under any circumstances" - John MacArthur
See also the following helpful books:
- The Exemplary Husband: A Biblical Perspective - by Stuart Scott
- The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective - by Stuart Scott
- God's Design For Women: Biblical Womanhood for Today - by Sharon James
- A Year With Your Children In The Bible - by Jim Cromarty