101 Christian Questions
- Instead of the individual sermons listed below, you can get this entire series as a Podcast in Apple Podcasts, or any other Podcasting app. Simply copy and paste or type the Podcast address below into any podcasting software or service (see step-by-step instructions on our Podcast page if you need help):
- The text of '101 Christian Questions' is also available as an eBook in the following formats:
- Download all the MP3 audio files and the PDF in one go as a ZIP file (135Mb), or request the series on CD-ROM by filling out the form and choosing CDs 17 & 18.
- For the visually impaired we have Plain Text and eBraille versions of the transcripts.
|01||“The Problem of Evil”
|02||“The Bible and Personal Assurance”
|03||“Divorce and Remarriage”
|04||“Life After Death”
|05||“The Curious Christ”
Other sermons related to these question and answer sessions:
- The Problem Of Evil: When Bad Things Happen To Good People; Where Is God?; A Plan And Purpose In Our Pain; As Sparks Flying Upward; The Only Safe Place.
- The Bible And Personal Assurance: Getting Back To The Bible; Assurance; Profession Or Possession?.
- Divorce And Remarriage: Marriage And Singleness (with links to other related sermons).
- Life After Death: A Glimpse Beyond The Grave; The Neglected Place Called Hell.
It was the prophet Jeremiah who first used the expression 'old paths' and assured those who followed them that they would find 'rest for their souls' (Jeremiah 6:16). J.C. Ryle was of the same conviction and wrote: “The longer I live the more I am convinced that the world needs no new Gospel, as some profess to think. I am thoroughly persuaded that the world needs nothing but bold, full, unflinching teaching of the 'old paths'”.
This is a series of systematically arranged papers on the leading truths of Christianity. Helpful thoughts will be found here on such topics as the inspiration of Scripture, the soul, sin, forgiveness, justification, the Holy Spirit, faith, repentance, election and much more.
J. C. RYLE (1816-1900) was a prominent writer, preacher, and Anglican clergyman in nineteenth-century Britain. He is the author of the classic 'Expository Thoughts on the Gospels' and retired as the bishop of Liverpool. This book is also available from Preach The Word as a FREE download in PDF, Kindle and ePub formats.